Thursday, July 26, 2007

And This Little Piggy Went "Yeah, Whatever ..."


Even though it took me six months, I finally took the plunge ... and got my first pedicure today.

Honestly, I was a little disappointed. I mean, every woman I've ever spoken with made it sound like having a pedicure was the closest thing you'd find to heaven here on Earth. And, don't get me wrong, it was nice. But ... not ... amazing, you know?

I don't know what I expected ... but, quite frankly, it was a let down. I suppose anything would be a disappointment if you build it up enough. Citizen Kane, for example, is a pretty decent movie ... but after hearing how it's the most incredible thing put to film year after year after year ... it couldn't possibly live up to my expectations. Rose bud my ass.

But back to the pedicure thing ... maybe I just didn't have a good pedicure-ist? Or maybe I just couldn't relax. It just felt wrong ... sitting there on this Sharper Image ass-massaging throne while a tiny Asian woman softened my heels? I'm not saying I wouldn't do it again ... but it's not something I'd want to add to the monthly budget.

I've got my feet in the clouds
Got my head on the ground
I know that I'm not a square
As long as they're not around

Paul McCartney - Feet In The Clouds

No comments:

Post a Comment