Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I Kept Waiting For The Lizard ...


Well, after a week of fall premiers, it was only a matter of time before someone got hurt ... and if it has to be me, then so be it.

I watched about 15 minutes of Cavemen last night on ABC ... and it was bad. How bad? I want to take a spoon and dig out whatever part of my brain is causing me to remember this abomination. I'm willing to tolerate a little drooling ... if it means that I'll forget this abortion of creativity.

I also watched the first 15 minutes of Carpoolers and it was bad. But you know what? After watching Cavemen, Carpoolers deserves an Emmy. Hell, next to Cavemen, Carpoolers might as well have been The Office.

In fact, ABC's entire Tuesday night line-up might as well have been a 22-hour Ken Burns documentary ... because no matter which one you watch, you'll wind up in tears, wandering around the house mumbling, "How could we have let this have happened?"

So I bought a 44 Magnum
It was solid steel cast
And in the blessed name of Elvis
Well I just let it blast
'Til my TV lay in pieces
There at my feet
And they busted me for disturbin'
The almighty peace
Judge said "What you got in your defense son?"
"Fifty-seven channels and nothin' on"

Bruce Springsteen - 57 Channels

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:14 PM

    You actually WATCHED Caveman? Wow...you are a much braver woman than I am.

    I avoided that abomination of television like the PLAGUE. My roomie has the Invader Zim DVDs up here, so we watched that instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, CollegeOne told Mr. ThirtyWhat that she was watching Cavemen ... so I flipped over. That's why I didn't catch the first five minutes or so ...

    So hey, maybe I'm too harsh. Maybe the first five minutes were the key to the intricate plot lines and complex plot developments beneath the cro-magnon brow ...

    Yeah ... right ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:18 AM

    I watched 3 minutes and flipped.


    However, I did watch all of Carpoolers. Not the greatest thing every, but hey, if I'm bored with nothing else on, I'd be willing to catch it again.

    ~College One

    ReplyDelete