Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Maybe I'm Just Tired?


What is wrong with me? I'd say that I'm irritable ... but that wouldn't begin to describe it. I'm edgy ... angry ... and nearly everyone is bouncing on my last nerve. I want to snap ... and the next person who comes up and says something asinine or moronic is going to feel my wrath.

Everyone feels like whatever is going on in their life is the most important thing on the planet. I understand that. It's natural. See, I'm a listener ... and so I get drawn into everyone's drama. Anyone who is sad or frustrated or lonely or angry ... they come to me and nine times out of ten, I'm happy to be a shoulder to cry on.

Oh, but not today ...

I am sick and tired of self-centered, narcisisstic people who don't understand that people around them have feelings. I am sick and tired of overbearing, self-important people who think they're better than everyone else ... and want to confide in me how much better they are than everyone else.

And, most of all, I am sick and tired of picking up the pieces after these insensitive asshats hurt other people. Why can't everyone treat each other with respect and kindness? And if you can't do that ... then just shut the fuck up.




Now I don't believe and I never did
That two wrongs make a right.
If the world were filled with the likes of you
Then I'm putting up a fight

REM - Final Straw