Monday, March 03, 2008

R.I.P. - Jeff Healey


Guitar wizard Norman Jeff Healey of Toronto died Sunday of cancer. He was 41. Healey was considered a prodigy and earned numerous Juno and Grammy nominations in the course of his career.

He lost both his eyes to retinoblastoma before he was eight months old, but never let that slow him down. "What we've lost is a virtuoso musician," said Richard Flohil, Healey's publicist. "He followed his own passion, which oddly enough was not playing blues rock music, but playing classic rock jazz."
So very sad ... I thought his music was touching. Rest in peace, Jeff.

So tonight I'll ask the stars above,
"How did I ever win your love?"
What did I do?
What did I say,
To turn your angel eyes my way?

The Jeff Healey Band - Angel Eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment