Monday, October 05, 2009

Playing For The Push ...


So, the wedding is over. A week's gone by and I still don't feel like myself. It's as though I walked through a dark, sticky cloud and, no matter how I try, I can't seem to shake it off. Oh, part of it is the terrible head cold I picked up along the way. There's no doubt about that. But part of it is the swirling, black morass of bad karma that apparently had nothing better to do that weekend than come along for the ride.

(my ex-husband) warned me. It's a train wreck that's bound to happen and the only thing you can do is make sure you're out of the way of the train. Good advice. Advice that I listened to. I must've stepped out of the way of that train at least a dozen times ... but I ended up in the wreckage anyway.

It could've been worse. Some people aren't speaking over the events of that weekend ... but it's bad enough. I'm tired and irritable ... I don't feel like myself. And worst of all, I don't know what I need to do to get me back to where I need to be. I guess the best you can play for sometimes is a push.


Lot of knots, lot of snags,
Lot of holes, lot of cracks
Lot of crags, lot of naggin' old hags
Lot of fools, lot of fool scum bags
Oh it's such a drag, what a chore
Oh your wounds are full of salt
Everything's a stress and what's more
Well it's all somebody's fault

Ok Go - Get Over It