Thursday, February 04, 2010

That's My Answer ...


Today's message is brought to you by That's My Answer courtesy of The Daily Meme.

1. Who was the last person to send you a letter in the mail? - That's a tough one because I rarely receive letters anymore. I mean rarely. So, if I had to guess, I'd say the last letter I received was from my aunt. It was a few years ago ... an odd, rambling note that, when she ran out of space, my aunt finished by writing up the sides of the margin. She's well intentioned ... but I think, like most elderly women on that side of the family tree, she's starting to slip a little.

2. Who was the last person to ring your doorbell? - The last person to ring our doorbell was the daughter of our next door neighbor. Normally, I would've been concerned because a visit from her usually meant she had lost a ball in our yard or, on one particularly disastrous occasion, our dogs had escaped. But this time it was the best news I'd gotten all week. She'd joined girl scouts and wanted to know if I wanted to buy cookies. Do I want to buy cookies?! Does Jeremy Piven eat a lot of tuna? Anyhow, I am now on the list to receive two boxes ... so now I just need to hide seven dollars somewhere in the house so I'll have actual cash to pay her once they come in.

3. Who was the last person to give you a hug? - This is an easy one ... because on any given day, (my ex-husband) gives me dozens of hugs. Sure there are times you may catch me when my mom or the girls will have been the last ones to hug me ... but nine out of ten times ... the answer will always be  (my ex-husband).


Gimme a ticket for an aeroplane,
Ain't got time to take a fast train.
Lonely days are gone, I'm a-goin' home,
'Cause my baby just a-wrote me a letter.

Joe Cocker - The Letter