Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I Could Not Ask For More ...


I wish I had the words ...

This thing with (my ex-husband) ... it's life changing. I have no doubt in my mind that he'll beat it and someday we'll look back on all of this with pride when he's a cancer survivor ... but for now, it feels so ... big.

I have no earthly idea how we would do this ... if not for our three daughters. I read in an article that cancer tends to do one of two things. It either tears a family apart ... or brings it together. And in the case of the girls, there's no way I'll ever be able to repay them.

Sadly, the co-worker that I wrote about earlier passed away. So I've inherited a new job ... twice the responsibility with the same pay ... not much of a bargain, I know ... but my time is at a premium right now.

But from the moment we got the news, in the midst of all this chaos, the girls came through. They've taken turns ... taking (my ex-husband) to radiation appointments ... to chemotherapy appointments ... to dentist appointments ... they've bought him Insure ... made him smoothies ... played games with him during the long hours of chemotherapy ... ran errands ... they've done more than I can begin to list.

And so when I have moments like today ... when I have to call a plumber because the downstairs bathroom needs a new wax seal and call the dentist because I have an aching tooth and pick up replacement bulbs for the security lights and fix the shower head upstairs that's leaking like a sieve ... when all of this overwhelms me, I remember how blessed I am. My load isn't so heavy ... all because the three adorable little girls I met at Mario's Pizza 15 years ago ... have grown up to be three spectacular women.


My tea's gone cold, I'm wondering why
I got out of bed at all
The morning rain clouds up my window
And I can't see at all
And even if I could it'd all be grey
but your picture's on my wall
It reminds me that it's not so bad
It's not so bad

Dido - Thank You