Friday, September 09, 2011

Rain Glorious Rain!


I love rain. And I love rainy, gloomy days. So sue me. I grew up on The Cure and Morrissey ... what do you expect? Also, I suspect in another life I lived in Seattle ...

Twenty year old me wants to put the stereo on and open a window ... pull up a beanbag chair and a good book ... and just sit and chill and breath in that cool rainy air. But time marches on ...

Forty year old me enjoys the rain for far different reasons. At this point, it's especially useful because it tamps down all the pollen and allergens in the air. I'm hoping this will help with the itchy eye thing I've got going on. Cause as it stands right now, I look like I've either got windburn on my upper cheeks ... or a mild case of rosacea.

So let it rain ... and hopefully sooner rather than later, I will feel like moving ... or having a conversation ... or doing ... well, just about anything.


When you say it's gonna happen "now"
Well, when exactly do you mean ?
See I've already waited too long
And all my hope is gone

The Smiths - How Soon Is Now

P.S. - If you get a minute, listen to How Soon Is Now ... there's something about the guitar on this song. When I listen to it, I'm back in 1985 ... it's like an aural time machine.