Monday, February 13, 2012

In the Eye of the Storm ...


So, this whole stages of grief thing must be real. I've gone from anger to depression and back to anger over and over again. Saturday it was anger ... and by Sunday it was back to depression. At times I feel a sense of acceptance ... but those moments don't last long.

I'm always cold. I'm always tired. I feel like I'm standing at the foot of a mountain. It's not like I can't make it over ... the enormity is just overwhelming.

It's a terrible feeling to know you're being blamed for everything ... for things you've never done ... for things you've never even thought of doing. It's a terrible feeling to know that, no matter what you say, your words will be twisted ... that someone will take a grain of truth and plant a field of lies based on that one grain.

It's a terrible feeling to know that strangers you've never met will believe those lies ... and why wouldn't they? You used to believe them.

Now, Andy did you hear about this one
Tell me, are you locked in the punch
Andy are you goofing on Elvis?
Hey, baby
Are we losing touch
If you believed they put a man on the moon, man on the moon
If you believe there's nothing up his sleeve, then nothing is cool

REM - Man on the Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment