Saturday, January 19, 2013

For What It's Worth, It Tasted REALLY Good ...


On Friday, all of my co-workers save one went to lunch at a local Mexican restaurant.  No big deal ... happens all the time.  This time, however, a lot of us were stressed and down about what's going on with our agency closing ... and so ... all but two of us ordered drinks.

I got a peach margarita ... which I've had at this establishment before with no ill effects at all.  But for some reason, this time it hit me hard.  I don't know if they accidentally put a double shot of tequila in it ... or if my tolerance was just especially low that day ... but I was buzzed.  Not drunk ... but buzzed enough to do something stupid.  Really ... really stupid.

What did I do?  I took a picture of everyone holding up their empty glasses ... and then I took that picture ... and I texted it to the Director and Deputy Director down at St. Louis. 

That's bad.  But what's worse? 

The director had a bad habit ... when any of us were down or complained about the office closing, he would tell us ... "It is what it is."  So ... anyone want to guess what caption I used with the picture?

The Deputy Director immediately sent me back a text that said, "Outstanding! Have one for me!"  But ... the Director?  I haven't heard back from him.  I don't expect to ...

Don't drink at work people ... just ... don't.

So raise your glass if you are wrong
In all the right ways, all my underdogs
We will never be, never be anything but loud
And nitty gritty, dirty little freaks
Won't you come on and come on and
Raise your glass!
Just come on and come on and
Raise your glass!
Pink - Raise Your Glass