Tuesday, January 15, 2013

You Know, I've Had Dreams Like This ...


OH. MY. GOD.

So I went into the break room today shortly before lunch and found a couple co-workers opening a shipment that had just arrived.  Batman looked up and said, "Hey, ThirtyWhat ... I think this is for you." I met this statement as I meet all statements from him ... with brooding, silent resentment ...

Really? Something came for me ... something I'm going to have to install
or configure or fix ... brilliant. Fucking brilliant.

I walked over to the table and looked in the box to find ... a MacBook Pro.  When I saw that white box, I actually squealed ... loudly.  I think I came just a little.  Oh my God ... a MacBook Pro!  Who wouldn't see that Apple product addressed to them and get wet?  Are you kidding me?!

No ... no, it isn't mine to keep.  It actually heralds a moment in time that will be a living hell on Earth.  A time when I'll be expected to re-image an ass load of iPads in a 48 hour period ... and at that time, I will probably curse its name and wish I'd never set eyes on that smooth, white box.

Right now though ... right now I'm just stroking it's keys ... calling it baby ... thinking of buying it dinner ...

I'll make love to you
Like you want me to
And I'll hold you tight
Baby all through the night
I'll make love to you
When you want me to
And I will not let go
Till you tell me to

Boyz II Men - I'll Make Love To You