Thursday, February 07, 2013

At Least I Haven't Hit Red Yet ...

 
 
Sweet jumping Jesus on a rubber tipped crutch ... what the hell?

I haven't necessarily felt good all week ... but I wasn't sick.  Not that it would've mattered because normally when there's a school going on, there are no sick days.  The irony in all this is that today was the first day I really felt like I was ahead of the ball.  The iPads were all reformatted, cleaned, and sorted into crews.  I took photos of all the new employees and created their security badges.  I filled all of the business card orders.   I mean for once I felt like I was ahead of the curve ...

Until my co-trainer, David, walked in and said, "Your cheeks are red ... something is wrong."  He got the first aid kit and took my temperature ... 100.8.   I didn't tell him ... but that was after the DayQuil kicked in.  He wouldn't want to know what it was when I left home this morning.
 
Despite assuring him I could make it until four, David ratted me out.  He told our boss ... who walked over from the auditorium and told me to go home.  I suppose he had a good point ... one surefire way to re-create the movie "Contagion" is having someone who is visibly sick touch supplies that are going to every corner of the state.  Well, it would be a good argument ... other than the fact I already touched them.

In any case ... me, my big, comfy bed, and my heating blanket are cleaning off the DVR and waiting for Community.  Maybe I'll just take a nap ... and hopefully I'll wake up fine as wine.  Hey, it could happen ... right?
 
Hey now, hey now, don't dream it's over
Hey now, hey now, when the world comes in
They come, they come to build a wall between us
We know they won't win
 
Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over