Friday, February 15, 2013

My Perfect Day ...


Perfect days are never perfect ... not really.   If you dissected a perfect day ... which you shouldn't, by the way ... but if you did ... you'd find little flaws.  
 
Flaws like ... burning the egg rolls just a bit ... because I left them in the oven a few minutes too long trying to get them crispy.   Or ... spilling something down the front of my white shirt before I left the house ... and not noticing it until I was already out.   Or ... being sick ... when I would've paid just about anything to magically just stop coughing for one night ...

But those little things don't matter when faced with so much awesome.   Roses and chocolates ... and the world's softest bear ... a beautiful card ... and a movie with a happy ending ... it was wonderful and there aren't enough kisses and enough thank yous in the universe to make us even.
 
Forget the burnt egg rolls.  Forget whatever I spilled on my shirt.   And, as difficult as it is, forget the coughing.  None of that matters.  It was a perfect day ...
 
I'll stop the world and melt with you
You've seen the difference
And it's getting better all the time
There's nothing you and I won't do
I'll stop the world and melt with you
 
Modern English - Melt With You