Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Puff ThirtyWhat ...

 
I get puffy when I'm sick.  Does that happen to anyone else?  I don't know ... but it happens to me.  My hands ... my wrists ... my eyes ... everything.    Nothing seems to help.   I've tried hot showers.  I've tried drinking a gallon of ice water.   Neither changed a thing ... other than the latter causing me to run to the bathroom every 30 minutes.   Basically the only thing that helps ... is getting better.
 
And so Monday, when I briefly considered going to work, I noticed how puffy my face was.  Ugh ... I looked liked I'd had a good, long cry ... which I hadn't.   But this morning, I got up early, dressed for work, and was putting on my makeup when it hit me ... hmmm ... it looks a little better!

I'm still not 100% ... but I'm getting there.   Plus, I have an incentive to get well a little faster ... shhhh ... don't tell anybody ... I have a date for Valentine's Day!  Well, assuming we're both well enough ... keep your fingers crossed ...
 
Cinderella said to Snow White
"How does love get so off course
All I wanted was a white knight
With a good heart, soft touch, fast horse"
 
Faith Hill - This Kiss