Friday, March 22, 2013

Fuck Disneyland ... I'm Going To Comic Con!


I'm a geek girl.  I work in computers.  I play WoW and Diablo III.  I lurve Doctor Who ... and Ten, by the way, will always be my Doctor.  Hell, I own my own sonic screwdriver ... how much more proof do you need than that?

I've stayed up all night gaming.  I've stayed up almost all night configuring networks. My geek resume is extensive.  But of all the geek experiences I've had, the one thing I haven't done is attend Comic Con.  I've always wanted to go ... but ... circumstances, shall we say, prevented it.   Not any more ... tomorrow I'm headed to the convention!   I've downloaded the app and checked out the floor plan.  It looks enormous ... no wonder people buy a weekend pass.  There's so much to do ...

There's a Doctor Who panel in the morning ... and guess what it's called?  Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey!  Squee!  And in the afternoon there's a photo op with Laurie Holden, the actress who plays Andrea on Walking Dead.  I am so excited ... I have no idea how I'll sleep.  The only thing missing is Kevin Smith ... but that's alright ... May isn't that far away.   Patience, ThirtyWhat ... patience ...

No, I'm not dressing in costume.  We're leaving early enough in the morning that getting dressed at all will be an accomplishment.  But I am bringing my camera ... and my sonic screwdriver.  Hey, you never know when the world might need saving ...

Everybody, all around the world
Gotta tell you what I just heard
There's gonna be a party
All over the world

Electric Light Orchestra - All Over the World

No comments:

Post a Comment