Monday, March 25, 2013

Hibernation Blues ...

 
Life is unfair.  It just is.   You don't know how many women I know who have gotten divorced and complained, "Oh, I lost 50 pounds during my divorce.  I had to buy a whole new wardrobe ... I was just too upset to eat ..."   God, I hate those bitches.

Not me.  I got divorced and gained 20 pounds.   Once the initial shock was over, it was like I had this moment of enlightenment ... "Hey!  I can eat anything I want now!  I'ma stop on the way home and pick up some nachos!"  And then I proceeded to have that same moment for the next eight months.

So now, I'm trying to make up for all those moments of enlightenment ... and it is a bitch.  I know I should eat healthier ... be more active.   But days like today ... when we get 18.5 inches of snow in a single night ... on Palm Sunday for Christ's sake ... I just want to curl under my blanket and read a good book ... or watch a good movie ... or pretty much do anything that doesn't involve my treadmill or a grilled chicken breast.

I'm telling myself that in the spring ... I mean the real spring not this Narnia-esque nightmare ... I'll start walking again.   I can drive to Washington Park after work ... and do something besides just coming home and eating.   And I need to do something ... because at this moment I would do anything for some cherry pie.   No ... sadly I'm talking about actual cherry pie.  Yes ... that is depressing ...

She's my cherry pie
Cool drink of water such a sweet surprise
Tastes so good makes a grown man cry
Sweet Cherry Pie

Warrant - Cherry Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment