Friday, April 26, 2013

Five 5 ... Take Two ...

So, I answered the Friday 5 earlier today ... and then realized that, because I'm a tool, I responded to last week's questions.  Well, poop balls.  I like this meme so much, I decided to answer two in one day so I could catch up ... sorry about that, scrivener!

The Friday 5

1.  What was the last play you saw? - Sorry ... I'm going to have to answer this with a musical.  I haven't seen a play recently ... but we just saw Book of Mormon at the Fox Theater in St. Louis a month or so ago ... and it was awesome.  Seriously, I would go again in a heart beat.  WAIT ... no, I'm wrong ... I have seen a play!  The most recent play I saw was a stage production of  Rocky Horror at the local theatre center last Halloween.  It wasn't nearly as funny or as clever as Book of Mormon ... but hey ... you can never go wrong putting a dude in stilettos and fishnets!

2.  What kind of experience have you had as a performer in plays? - It's true ... I've tread the boards.  It's also true that those boards were at a small, rural high school.  But damn it ... did I ever tread them!   Let's see ... I've taken my skirt off on stage.  I've sang on stage (and let me take a moment to say to anyone who was in the audience that I'm heartily sorry about that).  I've danced (poorly) on stage.  Hell, I even gave a guy his first kiss on stage!  I didn't realize it was his first kiss at the time.  He told me about it years later when I ran into him and his wife (awkward!) at the grocery store.  When I found out I apologized.  I mean, if I'd known it was his first I would've really made it worth his while.

3.  In general, what kinds of plays most turn you on? - Turn me on?  Wow ...  um ... that's an odd turn of phrase.  I don't know that I've seen a play that has turned me on.   I've never seen Equus ... or Spring Awakenings.   So ... um ... what kind of play would turn me on?  I guess a stage production of Magic Mike?  Hey, come to think of it ... they already have stage productions of Magic Mike!  Granted, I don't go to them because I'm not that fond of crabs ... but ... hey, it's out there, girls!

4.  There are many movies* where the characters say, “Let’s put on a play,” often as a means for raising funds or bringing attention to some cause. If you and your friends decided to do that, what would be the play, who would be its star, and what role would you play in its production? - Easy peasy!  We're going to do a musical version of Gone with the Wind.  I, of course, will be Scarlet O'Hara ... a role I was born to play.   I'll write all the songs ... including the final show-stopping number ... "I Don't Give a Damn!"  It'll go something like ... "You say you're broke and that you're in a jam ... well, frankly my dear, I don't give a damn!  Something something something ham ... something something give a damn!"   Okay, I'm still working on it ... but trust me, it's gonna be a hit!

5. If I handed you a lump of Play-Doh right now and asked you to sculpt me something, what would it be? - A penis ... because I apparently have the sense of humor of a 12 year old boy.   Common ... who wouldn't sculpt a penis?!  You know you would!  If anyone answers anything but penis they're a liar!

That's it!  I'm caught up with Friday 5!   Great questions, scrivener!  Can't wait for next Friday!

Open up your mind and let me step inside
Rest your weary head and let your heart decide
It's so easy when you know the rules
It's so easy all you have to do
Is fall in love
Play the game
Everybody play the game of love

Queen - Play the Game

2 comments:

  1. It's not because you're a tool. It's because I was about fifteen hours late in getting this week's questions posted. I try to get them up by 12:01 a.m. Greenwich Mean Time (2:00 p.m. Thursday in Hawaii; 5:00 p.m. Thursday on the west coast) but I got a little busy at work, and then I went to a school play. So it was already 5:00 in the morning Friday in Hawaii when I finally got the questions posted. The tool is me.

    A musical play is still a play, silly.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope ... I'm still the tool because I didn't look at the date when I posted. That's not true ... I did ... but for some reason, I thought it was current. I went back to post a link to my answers and saw this week's questions and knew I'd jumped the gun. haha :)

    I'm glad a musical is considered a play ... because re-reading my answers, Rocky Horror was OBVIOUSLY also a musical. What the hell was wrong with me today? LOL

    ReplyDelete