Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Guess What I'll Be Doing Tonight?


Well, I have once again screwed the pooch.  This is the pooch ... this is me screwing it.

I have got to develop better time management skills.  I agree to do something ... knowing that specific things need to be done by a certain date ... but, hey, that deadline feels years away!  And it continues to feel that way until I look at the calendar ... and realize the due date is next week.   This happens more frequently than I'd like to admit.

I'm already fighting this problem on a bigger scale ... as you'll come to see over the next two months as I post long, rambling diatribes on my attempts to ready my house for company.   But for the moment, we have another issue ...

My building participates in "On My Own Time."  It's a program which encourages employees to pay money to display artwork ... which may or may not be chosen to be in a city-wide exhibit.  This artwork can be a painting or drawing or photograph or quilt or flower arrangement ... pretty much anything "creative" you can come up with.

A few years ago, I crocheted a baby blanket and won a ribbon.  So, a month or so ago when I was asked to participate, I said ... with immeasurable enthusiasm ... "Sure ... whatever."

That night I researched patterns and found a beautiful white lace baby blanket that looked promising.  After experimenting with the stitches, I decided to try it.   The next day, I picked up some new yarn and proceeded to crochet about six squares that evening.   At which point ... I stopped. 

In my defense, it isn't that I lost interest ... it's that there are a thousand other things that have my interest too.  There just isn't enough time in the day.   And so, I have a little under a month to pull together a baby blanket that will knock the judges' socks off.   I can do this ... no doubt about it.  I just have to juggle that project with two dozen other things I want to accomplish.

can do this.  I am woman ... hear me rawr ...

Is it any wonder I've got too much time on my hands?
Ticking away with my sanity
I've got too much time on my hands
It's hard to believe such a calamity
I've got too much time on my hands
And it's ticking away - ticking away from me

Styx - Too Much Time On My Hands

No comments:

Post a Comment