Thursday, April 04, 2013

I Want To ... But I Won't ..


Wow.  Okay, so I went back and read what I wrote yesterday and I might have come off a little ... harsh.  I was upset and I don't like getting upset in front of people ... so writing is a good way of venting that frustrating without resorting to phrases like motherfucker or ignorant pile of horse shit in an otherwise peaceful office setting.  No ... that comes out here.  I assure you that I do not cuss like a sailor in regular conversation.  Well, other than fuck.  I use fuck a lot.  I like it ... it's like the Swiss knife of profanity.

Anyhow, I'm in a much better place now ... partially because time has passed and I don't want to set anyone or anything on fire anymore ... partially because I had a wonderful night.  I walked in to find Doctor Who on his television ... and ... common!  Doctor Who?  That's like geek aphrodisiac right there!  Between that ... and the fact he grilled out?  Son of bitch, man ... you can't imagine the control I showed.  Not once did I say, "You ... pants ... off ... " ... I deserve a medal or something!

The other reason I'm so happy ... is that some good came of my pissy fit yesterday.  I got my mapping project back.  Now?  Watch me shine.  Tomorrow I'm going in early, I'm going to finish stage one, and then I'm going to e-mail project files to the regional director.  You didn't know I could make product?  Wait till you see what I've been doing for my people.  This is one of the things I like doing ... and when I like doing something?  Stand back ...

Don't you know I'm still standing
Better than I ever did
Looking like a true survivor
Feeling like a little kid
I'm still standing after all this time
Picking up the pieces of my life
Without you on my mind
I'm still standing
Yeah yeah yeah
I'm still standing
Year yeah yeah

Elton John - I'm Still Standing

No comments:

Post a Comment