Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Weird, Wacky Wednesday - Part 2


Now that we've got that bit of nastiness out of the way ... I feel much better. Now on to happier things ...

When I was growing up, my Dad always grilled out.  You name it ... hamburgers, steaks, bratwurst.  It was just one of those images I have of my Dad ... standing out on the deck in front of the grill ... thinking his Dad thoughts.

So the entire time I was married, my ex-husband never grilled.  Never.  Not once.  He said he didn't know how.  I told him it was easy and offered to show him ... but no.  He thought it was fine for me to grill ... in fact he preferred it ... but there was no way in heaven or hell that he was going to be the one doing it.

Fast forward ... and now ... I've been invited over for dinner ... and he's going to grill out.  You have no idea how awesome this is.  I flat out admit there is something wrong with me ... cause I'm like a school girl over here.  You'd think he asked me to prom or something ... I mean it's that kind of stupid.

Yes, he's cooked for me ... and it was freaking delicious.  But this ... this is something else.  It's hard to explain.  I'm tempted to say that the idea of men grilling is sexy ... but considering I started this post talking about my Dad grilling, I don't even want to go there.  I would hazard to guess it's because I equate grilling to men ... manly men doing men stuff.   It's like an Old Spice commercial ... with meat.

I don't know ... but if Adam Levine is Spanish fly, guys grilling out has to be a close second.  It makes no sense.  It's utterly ridiculous.  And yet, I'm sitting here giggling ...

I know ... I've got issues.  I might need counseling or something ...

Step inside
Walk this way
You and me babe
Hey Hey!

Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar On Me

No comments:

Post a Comment