Monday, April 29, 2013

My Circle of Friends ...

Since I had to run out of town to see some friends tonight, today's meme at "That's My Answer" seemed very approprose ...


How many people are there in your circle of friends? -
Is it a big moving circle that takes in new people as it rolls along? Or is it small and compact? Or is there in fact an inner circle surrounded by a free-flowing outer one?


I assume most of us have several circles of friends.  I know I do.  There's my work circle ... my family circle ... and my inner circle.   They're all friends ... whether they're co-workers and cousins.  But my intimate circle of friends is the most important ... small ... five or six?   I guess I consider them the people who you could really pour your heart out to ... the people you turn to when you need to talk.

It consists of my best friend and her husband ... my sweetheart, who I met through my best friend and her husband ... my cousin, who I've ran with since high school ... a good friend who lives with her family in California ... and another who lives with her husband in Virginia.   I don't like to cry in front of anyone ... but if I were going to, it would be one of these people.

My circle is pretty compact ... it isn't very fluid these days.  Besides my circle of friends, there's my mom ... the three girls ... I suppose my cousin's wife.  The people I confide in are few ... and the people I depend on are even fewer.  The circle gets wider and less tightly knit ... people I work with ... people I have worked with in the past ... people I went to school with.

All in all, I'd say I'm lucky.  I'm sure there are people out there with no one ... while, as far as friends go, I have an embarrassment of riches.

Keep smiling, keep shining
Knowing you can always count on me, for sure
That's what friends are for

For good times and bad times

I'll be on your side forever more

That's what friends are for

Dionne Warwick - That's What Friends Are For

No comments:

Post a Comment