Friday, May 17, 2013

Friday 5: Mottos

Wow ... two posts in one day!  What are the chances?!   I've been dozing off and on all day ... trying to recover this insane work week so that I'll have plenty of energy for the weekend.  So ... blogging relaxes me ... and the Friday 5 is my favorite weekly meme ... so what could be more perfect!

The Friday 5

1. The motto of the Brownies is “Lend a hand.” If this were the personal motto of someone you know, who would it be?   Hmmm ... this week may be kinda hard since I try not to use anyone's real name.  But let's see what we can do.   The most helpful person I know is probably a woman I work with ... she goes so far out of her way to help others ... really it's inspiring.  She and her husband have coached their daughters' sports teams .... she runs her church's youth program ... I mean, she would give you the shirt off her back if you needed it.  I've been sick and she's texted me to ask if I've needed anything.  When I had surgery, she brought food over.  Seriously, I want to be like her.

2. The motto of the Olympic Games is “Citius, Altius, Fortius” (“Higher, Faster, Stronger”). If this were the personal motto of someone you know, who would it be?   The first thing I thought of when I saw this question ... is Daft Punk's Harder Better Faster Stronger.  I had no idea the Olympics even had a motto ... but now that I know, I think they need to give Daft Punk a call for the next opening games.  That would be awesome!

3. I don’t think it’s a motto, but Apple, Inc.’s tag line for some time has been “Think different.” Grammatical iffiness aside, if this were the personal motto of someone you know, who would it be? - Think different?  Hmmm ... who do I know who thinks different?  I don't know ... I don't know anyone comparable to Steve Jobs ... but then who does, right?  I guess the closest would be one of my old bosses who loved to tinker with things.  We'd go into the office on Monday and find out he'd gone in over the weekend and constructed an office projector with a built-in speaker using old spare parts, a garbage can, and a roll of chicken wire.  It was insane.  I mean ... bright and creative ... but insane.

4.Here are some food-related marketing slogans: “The incredible, edible egg.” “Beef: It’s what’s for dinner.” “Got milk?” What would be a cool marketing slogan for something you’ve eaten in the past twenty-four hours that doesn’t already have one?   I'm gonna go with tonight's dinner!  Okay ... are you ready for this?  Poultry growers, I'm giving this one to you for free ... Chicken Wings - Makes You Fat and Happy!  Because ... well ... they make me fat and happy.  Truth in advertising, I always say!

5. Here is a very long list of cool Latin phrases. Which will you adopt as your personal motto for the upcoming week?  Considering the stress of what's going on with my employer and job situation ... I'm gonna go with nil volentibus arduum ... nothing is impossible for the willing.  The next couple months is going to be rough ... but nothing is impossible for the willing.

Hope you all had a great week.  Mine was grueling ... but worth it because this weekend is gonna be amazeballs!

Work it harder, make it better,
do it faster, makes us stronger,
more than ever, never over,
Our work is never over.

Kanye West - Stronger

No comments:

Post a Comment