Sunday, May 19, 2013

Punch Drunk and Sleep Deprived ...


Okay so in the course of having a relationship, there is give and take.  They share things with you ... you share things with them.   It's part of the fun of getting to know another person.  Having said that ... I have no idea what I've shared with Stoney.  Um ... a love of cheesecake?  An appreciation for a fine glass of Cherry Coke?   Thinking about it, I really need to step up my game, huh? 

But I can tell you what he's shared with me ... Hollywood Babble On.  

Stop what you're doing ... and click on that link.  HBO is part of the whole Kevin Smith Smodcast empire ... and you know how much I love Kevin Smith.  Once you go to the website, you'll see they have a whole lot more ... Smodcast ... Jay and Silent Bob Get Old ... dozens.   But for the sake of this post, all we care about is HBO.  Go. There. Now.

Stoney mentioned I should check it out several times ... and I'm not sure what struck me at work one day that made me fire it up and take a listen ... but it was awesome.   It is laugh out loud funny.   Like you'll be driving in your car laughing and snorting ... looking like a fucking moron ... and you won't care.  Ralph Garman does dozens of voices and keeps Kevin on track ... which, if you ever hear Kevin speak, has to be a task of Herculean proportions.  

Now one word of caution .. it's dirty.  Oh so wonderfully dirty.  So if you're a youngster, don't go.  Then again, if you're a youngster, what the fuck are you doing reading my blog?!  Go do your homework!  Jesus ... kids these days.

So what brought this post on?  Last night we went down to St. Louis and saw Jay and Silent Bob's Groovy Cartoon Movie ... which was pretty funny ... and then afterwards we all sat in on the Jay and Silent Bob Get Old Podcast ... which was awesome.   Kevin said he loved St. Louis and is going to bring Ralph back to do Hollywood Babble On.  When they heard that, the crowd went nuts.   So I'm sharing.  I figure the more love he gets ... the more likely he is to come back.  Share the love, my friends ... share the love.

So that's all you get for today.  I could tell you it was an awesome night ... despite me leading Stoney from one end of Collinsville to the next because I couldn't decide what to eat.  He didn't even get mad at me ... unless he really was mad and just didn't tell me ... in which case, good job on the filtering!  I could tell you how he brought me a cherry coke with lots and lots of cherries ... does my man know me or what?  I would tell you all these things and more ... but I am exhausted.  I got like six hours of sleep and I am beyond starving.  I can't decide whether to eat something ... or go back to sleep.

So go ... listen to Hollywood Babble On ... then drop Kevin a line and tell him we're waiting on him in St. Louis!

So I'll wait for you... and I'll burn
Will I ever see your sweet return
Oh will I ever learn
Oh lover, you should've come over
'Cause it's not too late

Jeff Buckley - Lover, You Should've Come Over

No comments:

Post a Comment