Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Hell Would Be a Walk In The Park ...


Have you ever had that moment ... when you're trying to teach someone something ... and you honestly can't decide if they are that stupid ... or if they are just fucking with you?   Okay now imagine having that exact same moment ... for eight ... hours ... straight.

No!  No ... that's not even accurate.  Imagine trying to teach Si Robertson a computer lesson.  Only instead of, "That's the fact, Jack!" you have someone, who every time you spend fifteen minutes trying to get him to grasp something responds with, "Now I know what you know!"  Sigh ... eight ... hours ... of ... that.

I had eleven students who were ready and willing to learn ... some struggled and some already knew most of what we were learning ... but all eleven were really on the ball.  Then there was number twelve.   Number twelve was like a room full of toddlers, Alzheimer's patients, and monkeys all rolled into one human being. 

It's over ... at least my part is.  Everyone is back in class tomorrow ... and Thursday.  So, even though I'm not the trainer tomorrow, the opportunity for mind boggling questions still exist ... in fact, it's inevitable.   I just ... ugh ... no more.   I'm going to bed.  Tomorrow will be a marathon ... and I've been running all day ...

It's all the same, only the names will change
Everyday it seems we're wasting away
Another place where the faces are so cold
I'd drive all night just to get back home
 
Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead or Alive

No comments:

Post a Comment