Wednesday, May 01, 2013

I'm Pretty Sure I Was Switched At Birth ...


So my brother called me today.  I didn't notice I had a missed call on my phone ... but I saw a private message had popped up on Facebook.  So ... if you got a text message from a relative that only had two words, "Call me" ... and then saw you had three  missed calls from that person ... you would assume there was something serious going on, wouldn't you?  Most people would, right? 

It isn't unreasonable to think that a private message and three missed calls in a twenty minute period means that there is something amiss.  Nope ... he needed a solution to an iPad problem. 

Why do I fall for his horseshit manipulation every time?   He only calls me two or three times a year ... and every time he makes it seem like there's some Earth shattering news ... and it is always a computer question.  Always.  Not 99% ... we're talking 100% every time.

We used to be close ... or a reasonable expectation of close.  As close as siblings can be given we're eleven years apart.  I used to look up to him ... but after he let me down all those years ago, I now ask very little of him ... and expect even less.  He's living his life down south ... and I live mine up here.

Mom is the glue that holds my brother and I together ... and if anything happens to her, I don't see either one of us spending a lot of time or effort where the other is concerned.  Sigh ... unless he's decides to buy a laptop again.  Then he'll call ...

PS ... Really?  You haven't figured out how to Google yet?  You can't just Google these things yourself?  Christ on a cracker, man ... you are killing me!
Don't speak
I know just what you're saying
So please stop explaining
Don't tell me cause it hurts
Don't speak
I know what you're thinking
I don't need your reasons
Don't tell me cause it hurts

No Doubt - Don't Speak

No comments:

Post a Comment