Thursday, May 02, 2013

Milk Gravy To Die For ...


I'm tired ... and for some reason my shoulder is killing me ...
so I'm just going to leave this here.
 
We went for Thursday night fried chicken at Top Cat's ...
and this is a conversation that happened
between my Mom and me tonight:

Mom:  I'm starving!
Me:  Me too ... I skipped lunch.
Mom:  And it smells SO good in here!
Me:  I know, right?!  Hmmm ... I should've asked
(my honey) if he wanted to come have chicken tonight.
Mom:  You should have!

[Fast Forward 20 minutes ... the food has arrived and
my fingers are now covered in chicken grease.]

Me:   Um ... remember that inviting him thing?
Thank God I didn't do that.
Mom:   Why?
Me:   [wiggles my fingers at her]
Mom:  So?  People eat chicken with their fingers.
 Everybody eats chicken with their fingers.
I bet he eats chicken with his fingers.
Are you going to go the rest of your life
and never eat fried chicken in front of him?
Me:  [Pause]  Yes ... yes I am.

It's not my fault ... it is what it is.   There is no way to be delicate, dainty, or attractive while eating fried chicken ... fried chicken is not date food.   Which is kinda sad because their gravy is to die for.  Speaking of to die for ... Jesus Christ my shoulder hurts.   Where's the aspirin??

If you'll be my Dixie Chicken
I'll be your Tennessee Lamb
And we can walk together down in Dixieland
Down in Dixieland

Little Feat - Dixie Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment