Friday, May 03, 2013

It Was a Good Day After All ...


Well ... I was expecting today to suck donkey balls.  I can't lie ... the first half of it pretty much did.  I went to bed around 8:30 last night and slept for twelve hours straight.  Even when I woke up, I seriously considered not even getting out of bed.

But life is what you make of it.  My best friend got everyone together tonight and made my world a whole lot better. I almost backed out of our plans. After mass, I thought about texting everyone and telling them I just wasn't very good company tonight.  But I didn't ... and for that I'm eternally thankful.

Dinner was pretty tasty ... I've never been to the Dublin Pub on Wabash and their pizza was surprisingly good.  The new Iron Man movie is ... well, hey ... the movie is shiny and brand new.  I got to spend two hours laughing and leaning my head against a tall, handsome man ... who smells so damned good I can't hardly stand it.  So ... fuck the plot holes ... and the entertaining, if odd, non-villain.  I had a blast.

First I'd planned on not blogging at all today.  Then I changed my mind and decided to get on here and write a short post saying that tomorrow would be a better day.  But you know what?  That was before I spent the evening with the best friends a girl could ask for ... and a guy who can hold my hand and make the world a happier place. 

Today was a pretty damned good day all by itself ...

She looks back
And she looks away
She internalizes the motion wave
She is the butcher
She wants the air
She hides the scars under her hair

Rob Zombie - Foxy Foxy

No comments:

Post a Comment