Saturday, June 15, 2013

Friday Five: Summer Rules

Good morning, everyone! I'm Peabody and this is my
boy, Sherman.  Say hello, Sherman. 
Hello, everybody! 
We're going to step in our Way Back Machine
and travel to June 14th! 
But Mr. Peabody!  That's not way back ...
that was only yesterday!
 
Sherman, my boy ... we're still time traveling. 
But Mr. Peabody!  That's not way back! 
You know what, Sherman?  Shut the fuck up. Nobody loves
you. That's why your best friend is a dog.

That is how I envisioned Peabody's Improbable History ... a regular feature on the Rocky and Bullwinkle Show.  As we all know, I have an issue with imagining things much different than they are in reality.  Which gives you a little insight into why I am so jazzed that Stoney is hosting poker night this month.

True ... I don't have a dog in this fight. But I can imagine the scenario a lot better since I've spent time in his house.  All he needs is a wet bar in the basement ... honey-colored bourbon in highball glasses ... shag carpeting ... Take Five playing softly in the background.  I'm thinking more Mad Men ... less Sopranos.  He tells me I would be very disappointed with the reality of the situation.  Sadly, I'm sure he's right ...

Last night I discovered something so hip ... so cool.  I like wine!  Not any wine ... just whichever one Stoney had last night.  I've always been so jealous of people that say, "Oh, we cooked out and had a nice glass of wine ..." because wine is always so bitter and dry and ... fermented.  I don't know what kind he had last night ... but it was so good!  I saw the bottle.  We talked about what kind it was.  But I'll be damned if I could tell you anything about it now.  This is probably for the best.  If there was a way I could have my own supply of it, I would probably be an alcoholic by the end of this weekend.

The Friday 5

1. You are the boss of summer time! So what behaviors are not allowed until summer’s end? - Making chili ... roasting turkeys ... making hot chocolate.  Those are the kind of things I associate with fall and winter ... so none of that is allowed until October at the earliest.  Unless I have a craving for turkey before then ... in which case you have named me the boss of summer ... so stuffing is my prerogative!

2. And what is everyone required to talk about until summer’s end? - Movies, movies, and more  movies!  Summer is the best time for movies!  Every week there's at least one new release that I can't wait to see.  Right now there are two or three that look good.  Summer movies are the sole reason I invested in a Stubs card!

3. And what songs must be in regular rotation until summer’s end? - I know everyone thinks the song of the summer for 2013 will be Blurred Lines or Get Lucky ... but so far for me it's Suit and Tie by Timberlake.  I get it stuck in my head ... I can't wait till I get you on the floor good looking ... it's a crazy ear worm.  But for a runner up I'd pick David Guetta and Play Hard or Icona Pop's I Love It.

4. And what must be eaten at least once per week until summer’s end? - Mmmmm ... summer food.  Sweet corn ... and strawberries ... and watermelon.  I haven't had a chance to go to the Farmer's Market yet.   I've been busy with work and company ... but next week I'm going to go buy an armful of fresh food and fill my refrigerator.  Seasonal food is probably the best thing about the summer.

5. And since you are also the poster child for summer time, what activity will the poster display you engaged in? - Since I'm not an outdoor girl, I can't say camping or going to the pool.  No, for me summer means pedicures!  Wiggling my cute toes in cute sandals ... indoors.

That about wraps it up!  Happy Frid ... er ... Saturday!

In the summertime girls got it going on
Shake and wiggle to a hip hop song
Summertime girls are the kind I like
I'll steal your honey like I stole your bike

LFO - Summer Girls

No comments:

Post a Comment