Tuesday, June 18, 2013

I Love Story Time ...


People are interesting.  And they get more interesting the more you get to know about them.  You start out thinking someone is attractive and funny ... then you get to know them and you start to hear their stories.  Hopefully you find out along the way that they're sweet or kind ... not a knife-wielding lunatic.

My stories are all horrible ... crazy things I did when I was young.  Far too many stories that start out, "One time when I was drunk ..."  I'm not that person anymore.  She almost seems like a stranger to me.  It's like I'm telling stories about someone else.  This other chick made hundreds of jell-o shots for a Christmas party ... and wound up putting them on the ceiling fan ... and consequentially spent hours cleaning the walls the next day.

Stoney's stories are so much more enjoyable.  He doesn't share them very often ... maybe because I don't shut up enough?  Hmmmm ... something to keep in mind next time we're together.  But when he does share, I could cuddle up next to him and listen to him for hours.  He is fundamentally a good person ... which is wonderful and adorable and a little intimidating. 

I'm not the type of person to lie.  The last thing I would want is for him to hear something about me second hand that I wouldn't tell him myself.  So ... he knows the good and the bad.  He's heard about when I was in my early 20's and refused to share my food at a restaurant.  He's heard about me sneaking out of my window as a teenager.  He's met my family ... so I'm pretty much an open book at this point.

His stories, on the other hand, paint a picture of a good person.  Don't get me wrong ... I'm glad he hasn't told a story that involved a dead hobo.  But I worry one day he'll wake up and say, "Man, she's nice and everything ... but I really need to get me a girl that hasn't been to a riot ..."

Cause I'm a nice girl
 Always doin' right girl
Now let me get it straight
You play me for a fool
And then I should cry for you
Oh, whatever
You're lucky I'm a nice girl
Yeah, I'm such a nice girl

Katie Armiger - Nice Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment