Sunday, June 09, 2013

Whiny and Hormonal and In Need of Sugar ...


There's the ball.  There's me dropping it.  Nope ... no post yesterday.  I woke up feeling a step out of sync.  I think it started Friday when nothing seemed to work right.  Then Saturday felt ... wrong.  It felt like Sunday because I'd been off work the day before.  And even though Comcast came and installed a new DVR in the living room, everything still felt ... wrong.

So it wasn't a big surprise when someone backed into my car in the Walgreens parking lot.  Seriously ... when it happened I thought, "Aaaaaaand there it is."  The guy was very apologetic.  Told me he'd just come from the hospital and had stopped by Walgreens to get some medicine.  I might've felt sorry for him ... if the back of my side view mirror wasn't laying on the blacktop.

I want to take a second here to say ... I'm not crazy.  I'm genuinely not.  But something felt wrong yesterday.  When I left Walgreens after my little incident, I drove down 5th street ... and one block in front of me there was a bad wreck.  One car hit another car and it ended up hitting a street light head on.  It was terrible.  Then as we were leaving dinner, the road was closed ahead ... because less than five minutes before we got there, a car hit a motorcycle and nearly killed the cyclists.  Then as I was driving home from the club, a car ran a red light right in front of me.  If I hadn't looked before I started driving, it would've hit me.  Sometimes I think we can feel how close we are to misfortune ... and I felt like I was close to misfortune all day yesterday.

Okay ... enough of my odd theories ... back to the story.  Even though I wanted to just go home and call it a day, I had obligations ... so after the wreck, I drove to Bob Evans to meet some friends.   Ugh ... I don't really like Bob Evans.  See how much I love my friends?   After dinner we went to Donnie B's Comedy Club to see Pauley Shore.   Was he funny?  I don't know ... I guess he was?   Kind of?

My ambivalence isn't a reflection on Pauley.  I wasn't in the right state of mind to be in a comedy club.  I even had a mixed drink ... despite my best friend giving me the stink eye ... but it didn't help.  I was down and tired and no amount of "buhhhdeeeee" was going to repair that.   So rather than to write a post full of profanity and venom and despair when I got home, I just called it a day.  I went to bed and read a good book ... and that kinda helped.

Today I have a lot of things to accomplish.  I have to finish laundry ... hang a set of mini-blinds ... pick up some groceries.  Which is going to be an uphill battle because I really don't want to do any of those things.   My friend from out East arrives tomorrow ... and it's going to be a long week.  There's just so much to do.   And since I'm whining about everything else ... I must be hormonal because I miss my guy.  Which I hate admitting because I sound like a teenager ... and it's weird because I just saw him Thursday.  Or was it Wednesday?   Point in this babbling is that I don't want to do laundry ... I want to cuddle and watch a movie or go see a movie or basically do anything that doesn't involve housework.  

I'll be okay ... and I'll get it done.  I've just gotta find that spoonful of sugar ...

And ev'ry task you undertake
Becomes a piece of cake
A lark! A spree! It's very clear to see that
A Spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down
The medicine go down-wown
The medicine go down
Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down
In a most delightful way

Mary Poppins - Spoonful of Sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment