Sunday, July 14, 2013

Friday Five: Which * Are You ...

So with this post, I'll be caught up with Friday 5 again.  I need to do some laundry and get a few things done around the house.  Lazy Sunday, indeed!  I'm thinking about cooking again.  Hmmm ... chicken? Spaghetti?  Guess I need to go downstairs and start foraging in the kitchen ... see what I have on hand around here!

The Friday 5 

1.  The Seven Dwarfs are Sleepy, Sneezy, Bashful, Grumpy, Dopey, Happy, and Doc. Which would be the easiest role for you to play today? - The key word in this question is today.  Some days I'm Sleepy and other days I'm Dopey.  Bashful is pretty rare. Grumpy shows up now and then.  But today?  Today is easy ... today I'm Happy.

2.  Santa’s eight tiny reindeer are Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen. Which would be the most apt nickname for you today? - I'm still moving a little slow today so Dasher and Comet are out.  I'm not girly enough to be Prancer or Vixen.  So ... seeing as how I've spent the morning ... I'm going to go with Dancer.  I've made the bed dancing ... I've started laundry dancing ... and Dancer goes pretty well with Happy, wouldn't you say?

3.  The kids on Eight is Enough were David, Mary, Joanie, Susan, Nancy, Elizabeth, Tommy, and Nicholas. Which of these names have you known the highest number of? Which of these the least? - Hmmm ... I've known a few of all of them.  I know special women named Susan and Nancy.  Odd that David and Mary are on the list. I can't say that I've known a lot of people named Nicholas or Joanie.  There isn't a clear cut winner on the list either way.

4.  The creatures in the Chinese zodiac are the rat, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, goat, horse, monkey, rooster, dog, and pig. Forget which one you are according to the calendar; which one do you imagine yourself most like? - Traditionally, I'm a rooster on the Chinese zodiac ... which I always thought was cool because ... common, Alice in Chains?!  So which one do I imagine I'm more like?  God there's no good answers ... rat and snake and goat and dog and pig ... nothing to really strive for, you know?   How about a dragon ... just cause I like Dani on Game of Thrones.  Plus I'd like to be able to fly ... and set fire to people stuff.

5.  Each of the Five Chinese Brothers had a special talent: One could swallow the entire sea; one had an iron neck; one could hold his breath forever, one could stretch his legs as far as he needed; one could withstand fire. Which of these peculiarities would have been most useful to you this past week? -  None of them. I want to be the sixth Chinese brother.  He's the one who can eat all the bacon.  All the bacon.

Ain't found a way to kill me yet
Eyes burn with stinging sweat
Seems every path leads me to nowhere
Wife and kids household pet
Army green was no safe bet
The bullets scream to me from somewhere

Alice in Chains - Rooster

No comments:

Post a Comment