Saturday, July 13, 2013

I Love You Too ...


Falling in love with someone is like walking on a pond in the middle of winter.  You put your toe on the edge ... add a little weight ... see if it feels safe.  And if it does, maybe you take one step out there.  Maybe another.  And the whole time you're listening for that crack.  Maybe it's not safe?

You have friends back on land ... or you did ... telling you it will be okay ... prompting you to keep going.   And you really want to keep going ... because you know it's going to be fun ... if you can just let go and forget about the icy water just inches under your feet.

Yesterday ... just at the moment when I was feeling sorry for myself ... when I hadn't posted because I didn't have the heart ... when I felt like having the world's largest margarita because I was so stressed out and so down ... that's when Stoney reminded me I have lots of little reasons ... and one very special reason ... to be happy

Telling someone you love them is scary.   You're admitting that you care about them ... enough that they could hurt you ... and the whole reason I was too afraid to ask him out in the first place was that I was afraid of being hurt.  But ... life isn't about staying on the shore ... and if you don't put your trust in someone then you'll never find out how great the ice feels.

The ice, by the way, feels spectacular ...

I know your eyes in the morning sun
I feel you touch me in the pouring rain
And the moment that you wander far from me
I wanna feel you in my arms again
And you come to me on a summer breeze
Keep me warm in your love and then softly leave
And it's me you need to show
How Deep Is Your Love

Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love

2 comments:

  1. Pssssh. Love. Who needs it? I am a rock. I am an island.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Scrivener, I see your Simon & Garfunkel ...and I raise you Billy Joel ...

    I don't want clever conversation. I never want to work that hard. I just want someone that I can talk to. I want you just the way you are.

    ReplyDelete