Thursday, July 18, 2013

I Think I'm Part Cat ...


We really should hang out with friends more often.  Tonight was fun.  Well ... I mean relatively fun.  Filling out the thank you cards wasn't awesome.  I tried to be cheerful ... whether I was successful is debatable.  But it was relaxing at the end of the evening cuddling with Stoney and listening to them talk about games and music ... I was getting sleepy and really could've dozed off on his arm.

Tonight was good.  I like spending time with First Wife ... and I miss cooking.  Even though my contribution wasn't anything special, it was a nice reminder that I really did cook back then.  I should make more of an effort ... it just seems like a waste for one.  If I could just get over my aversion to most leftovers, I could start making pork chops and gravy ... and chicken and rice.  Mmmmm ... now I'm hungry again.

I'm too tired for a long post.  Tomorrow I'll put more effort and thought into my blog ... but for tonight, I'm content.  The issues I wrote about yesterday are still there ... which, honestly, I guess if things are bothering me, they're my issues.  Stoney and I talked about it last night.  He's a good listener ... and if it got to be too much, I'd go to him.   But for tonight, I'm turning a blind eye to anything that rubbed me the wrong way. 

Oh ... and it was a happy surprise to learn that a little neck rub ... can make an evening perfect ...

Whatever you do
I'll be two steps behind you
Wherever you go
And I'll be there to remind you
That it only takes a minute of your precious time
To turn around
I'll be two steps behind

Def Leppard - Two Steps Behind

No comments:

Post a Comment