Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Drowsiness and the Afterglow ...


Well, I'm still glowing from yesterday ... but my brain is completely fried.

My internal clock has been completely scrambled.  Because I took two days off work, yesterday felt like Saturday ... and today feels like Sunday.  First I was heartbroken to learn that True Blood and Newsroom won't be on tonight ... then I was heartbroken to learn that it's only Wednesday.  Basically I'm just free floating over here with no idea of the date or time.

 On top of the confusion, I'm tired.  No, I'm exhausted ... and yet I can't nap.  There's heavy construction going on down my street.  They're building a new grade school.  So weekdays are filled with the sounds of semi's going past ... and the repetitive beeping of trucks in reverse ... and the bangs and clanks of tools being dropped.  Normally, I don't care ... but I can't close my eyes without hearing the noise noise noise noise.

So I don't know if it's the fatigue or the confusion ... but my brain is still running on a 2-3 second delay.  I discovered it last night with Stoney.  He would ask a question and there would be a pause while it took me a moment to process what he was saying. 
"Do you want a drink of water?"
"... ... ... ... ... no, I want a soda."
"We can get you a soda inside." 
"... ... ... ... ... okay."
That was basically what our conversations consisted of from the moment we left his parents house until the moment he dropped me off at home.  Oh, we talked ... I just needed a minute to catch up.  In fact at one point I was doing math in the air because I had lost the ability to do simple subtraction.  People, when I say I was tired, I mean I'm talking bone tired.

I did accomplish a little bit today.  I ran out to the post office and turned in my key.  I stopped and picked up a couple things from the grocery store.   And those two things right there?  I'm pretty sure that's all I'm going to get done today.  There are things I should be doing around the house ... I have a load of laundry in the wash and another in the dryer ... but I'm just so beat.

I guess when all that nervous energy finally burned off ... I just crashed.  I'm hoping the fatigue and the mental delay is temporary.  I have to work tomorrow and it's going to be hard to do anything if I'm struggling to keep my eyes open.

Note:  We still don't have a song yet.  It's no big deal ... at some point it'll happen organically but in the meantime, we keep trying songs on to see if one fits.  Last night I swear I found a song that is a goddamned perfect love song.  It says it all!  See if you don't agree ...

Baby, don't treat me bad
This could be the best thing that you'll ever have
Baby, don't treat me bad
You can do anything, but baby, don't treat me bad
Oh, don't treat me bad

Firehouse - Don't Treat Me Bad

No comments:

Post a Comment