Oh well ... it tasted great. And at least it was just me. I wasn't trying to impress anyone tonight ... and no one needs to know that I failed as Betty Crocker. So now it's time to kick back ... and start on episode three!
2. What is your favorite band and why? - Like the question above, this changes day to day. I don't have any particular band that I'm head over heels in love with. While I was working on cleaning out the spare room today, I listened to Drive By Truckers ... so they get my vote tonight. Why? They're just fun to listen to ... and I have good memories of the concert we went to.
3. What is your favorite place to vacation and why? - I'm embarrassed to admit that I haven't gone on vacation much. I don't have a lot of places to choose from. In 2006, I was chosen to attend a training school in Golden, Colorado. Several of us flew in a day early and took one of the government cars up into the mountain. I can't remember the name of the tiny town we stopped in for lunch ... but it was so scenic. There was a rickety old train that would take you up into the mountain ... and this beautiful old world downtown you could walk through and look at art galleries and book stores. The air was so fresh. Technically it wasn't a vacation ... but I'd love to go back to Colorado some day.
4. What is your favorite local restaurant and why? - A local restaurant, huh? Considering how much I love to eat out ... I have no idea why I struggled with this question. I like different places for different things. Lake Pointe Grill has a wood fired white garlic pizza that is delicious. Bella Millanos had homemade toasted ravioli that is excellent. But bottom line? I'm a simple girl ... so really if we can get a lemonade shakeup at Top Cats ... or a pony shoe at D'Arcys? I am fine as wine ...
5. Who is your favorite living relative and why? - My family is small. Very small. I'm closest to my Mom so I guess she's the obvious choice. But aside from her ... I'd say my favorite living family member is my aunt. When I was a toddler, she would take me all over town and tell people I was her baby. I have a lot of great memories of riding around in her silver Chevy Vega ... going to Top's Big Boy with her. To this day I tell her she's my favorite ... and she tells me I'm hers ... although I suspect she tells my cousins the same thing.
6. What is your favorite pet (current or past) and why? - Until last year, I had a miniature schnauzer named Maggie ... who I'd have to say was my favorite pet. When we brought her home, she was so tiny. I remember it was winter and I would tuck her into my inside coat pocket and sneak her into places with me ... like the video store or the gas station. She lived a long life and died of congestive heart failure. Unlike every other dog on the planet, she didn't really care to lick people ... but near the end of her life, she'd taken to licking my nose when I got home from work. I still miss her tiny kisses ... and watching her wiggling her little nub.
The one with the waggley tail
How much is that doggie in the window
I do hope that doggie's for sale
Patti Page -
How Much Is That Doggy In The Window