Saturday, September 14, 2013

Saturday Six #492

I had a great day.  It wasn't anything spectacular ... I didn't cure cancer or finish any of the huge projects I have around here ... but the weather was beautiful and I spent part of the day just hanging out and talking to Stoney.  He had me meet him at Sears where he bought a new fridge.  I suspect I was supposed to be the voice of reason that said, "Don't buy it ..." ... but let's be honest ... I suck at being Jiminy Cricket.  The one he picked out is beautiful and I love it.  It's going to look great in his kitchen. 

After shopping, we went back to his house and hung out and talked ... until he suggested IHOP.  So ... beautiful weather ... wonderful conversation ... lots of kisses ... and bacon.  What more could a girl ask for?

Saturday Six

1. What did you enjoy most about kindergarten? - Okay so let's say right off the bat that I have a horrible memory when it comes to my childhood.  Kindergarten ... I liked that it was a half day.  I liked that we were in a room with our own bathroom.  I understood that all the other classes shared a bathroom that was down the hall and I liked that we were "safe" in our room.  I really don't remember much ...

2. What did you enjoy most about elementary school? - Okay so again, keeping in mind I don't have a whole lot of memories of childhood ... I loved pizza day.  In second grade, I transferred to a Catholic school.  It did not have a kitchen or a lunchroom ... we brought bagged lunches to school every day and ate them on long tables in the gymnasium.  But ... one day a week ... on Wednesday ... they would offer pizza day.  The school sent home order forms and you could order one or two slices of Angelo's sausage pizza ... which was delivered to the school right before lunch.  Dozens upon dozens of pizza boxes lined the back of the gym.  God damn I loved pizza day.  I lived for pizza day.  Is there any wonder I have a weight problem now?

3. What did you enjoy most about junior high/middle school? - So I can be honest here, right?  The Catholic school I attended was an all-in-one school ... kindergarten through eighth grade so I didn't go to middle school.  I simply went to the next classroom.   None of those years were pleasant.  I didn't like being there and I didn't like the kids that went there.  I was miserable.  Killing myself crossed my mind more than once ... that is how miserable I was.  So the best thing about those years?  Was when I got the hell out.

4. What did you enjoy most about high school?
- My sophomore year, I transferred from an all-girls Catholic high school to a rural high school about 25 miles away.  I made up my mind that I was going to be happy there ... and I was.  I had the lead in the school play that year and again my senior year.  I was president of the Art Club and vice president of the Drama Club and the Thespians.  I played piano in competitions and joined the speech team.  I went to either regionals or sectionals with a comedy piece ... although I can't remember which one it was anymore.  I pretty much decided to make up for all those years of misery ...

5. Which grade or year of school was your least favorite and why? - Second through eighth ... although I'd say eighth was pretty much the winner as far as highest level of hell achieved.  Freshman year was pretty bad too ... although nothing like eighth grade.  I remember calling my parents, walking out of the school, and sitting on the steps.  I refused to go back in.  My Dad took off of work, came to the school, talked to the principle, and got her to come out on those steps and apologize to me before I'd agree to go back in.  You know, reading this, I'm thinking my parents must've loved having me for a child ...

6. What percentage of your classmates do you still have some real interaction with at least once per year? - Well, thanks to Facebook I'd say between 30% and 40% ... that's if you consider Facebook "real" interaction.  If you don't ... I'd say less than 1%.   My best friend and I went to school together and I talked to her every day ... but she's gone now ... so that percentage is mighty damned low.

As we go on
We remember
All the times we
Had together
And as our lives change
Come whatever
We will still be
Friends Forever

Vitamin C - The Graduation Song

No comments:

Post a Comment