Thursday, September 26, 2013

Short and Sweet ...


Well, despite not sleeping well and experiencing stress-induced intestinal distress this morning, I had my first interview!   The HR rep from corporate was polite and professional ... and I had her laughing by the end of the call.  She said she was impressed with our conversation ... and she's going to have the HR rep contact me to set up a face to face interview next week.

I can't describe the relief I felt when I hung up the phone.  Even better, I feel like I can relax tomorrow ... maybe make another batch or two of candy ... and enjoy the weekend! 

On top of this good news, I found out my aunt "knows someone" who she can talk to at another agency should this not pan out.  She's going to fill me in tomorrow at family dinner ... but it's nice to know that options are falling into place.

Meanwhile, for whatever stupid reason, I am so sleepy.  True, I didn't sleep well last night ... but I took a three hour nap this afternoon and yet I still feel like I could go right back to sleep at this very moment.

So just for tonight ... not a big post ... but a happy post.  And happy ... is good ...

But if you die fearin' God
And painfully employed
No, you will not go to Heaven
You'll go to Champaign, Illinois

Old 97's - Champaign, Illinois

No comments:

Post a Comment