Monday, September 02, 2013

We're Up All Night To Get Lucky ... iThirtyWhat


Welcome to iThirtyWhat ... week three!

Week one we listened to Imagine Dragons and Radioactive ... week two we listened to Mickey Avalon and Stroke Me.  This week ...

I thought this song's "moment" had passed ... until I saw a clip on Jezebel that made me smile all over again.  Let's take a look ... then we'll chat about it on the other side!

Buckle your seat belt!  Here we go!  This week on iThirtyWhat ... I give you:  Daft Punk and Get Lucky ...


Backstory:  Daft Punk's Get Lucky wasn't quite the song of the summer.  I'd say that honor goes to Robin Thicke's Blurred Lines.  But Get Lucky was still pretty damned hot.  Most of us had heard of it.  Quite a lot of us had downloaded it.  And then this happened ...



The world collectively lost its mind when Stephen Colbert featured Get Lucky on Colbchella.  Everything about this video is gold ... from the kick line with the Rockettes ... to Brian Cranston mouthing, "Me?"  This video right here is what made me jump on iTunes and download the single.

But ... time passes and I thought Get Lucky was fading into a pleasant memory of the summer of 2013.  And yes ... it is fading.  Oh, but it's not dead yet.  I love Simon Pegg & Nick Frost ... so you can imagine how happy I was when this clip showed up on Jezebel last week ...


If you have a new favorite song ... whether it's a new song or a song that's new to you ... then put it in the comments.  If I love it, maybe it will be the featured song next time!  Sesame Street was right ... sharing is fun!

Like the legend of the phoenix
All ends with beginnings
What keeps the planet spinning
The force of love beginning

Daft Punk - Get Lucky

2 comments:

  1. I tried to avoid that song because I hate bandwagons, so when Daft Punk did their no-show on Colbert that night, and Colbert did that great video, it was the first time I'd ever heard it.

    It's a heck of a song. I bought it.

    My thing this week is listening to Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here album all the way through, in order. I'd heard the individual songs many times over the decades, but I had never listened to the album the way it was meant to be heard (despite often saying that taking individual Pink Floyd songs one at a time was taking them out of context). My mind was blown the first time I did it (Monday night) and I've been doing it nightly (and sometimes daily) since. What a fantastic album.

    So you could say my song this week is "Shine On You Crazy Diamond," Parts 1 through 5 and 6 through 9.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephalopolis8:07 PM

    Ylvis- The Fox

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE

    WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY???

    ReplyDelete