Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Day Three ... Skipping Towards Normality ...


So today was day three ... and I'm ending today happy.  It's a nice change from the rather morose mood I was in last night.

Today felt ... almost normal.  I have a better grasp of what I'm doing.  I'm no where near the point of being on my own ... but I'm at a stage where my trainer can go back to his desk and do some work while I push through some automated tasks or invoice out a queue full of orders.   It's not necessarily "fun" ... but it's alright.

After work I drove over to Stoney's and made a couple pans of cheesecake ... one for tomorrow's Halloween food day at my office ... and one for his office just because.   Along with the food day, we're also having group costumes at my office and my team is supposed to dress as farmers.  I had decided not to bother ... I didn't have anything to wear and I didn't feel like buying anything.  But Stoney was enthusiastic ... and pointed out that my team winning the pizza party hinged on everyone participating.  And who wants to be the ass who keeps everyone else from having pizza??

Truthfully, I owe him a pizza ... because he was so awesome.  He dug through his closet and found me a plaid shirt and a Trucker's t-shirt to wear under it.  His enthusiasm has rubbed off on me ... and now I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow!  I'm going to wear my contacts, put my hair in pigtails, and draw on some freckles.  I think I can make this work!  Wish me luck!

Gonna dress you up in my love
All over, all over
Gonna dress you up in my love
All over your body

Madonna - Dress You Up

No comments:

Post a Comment