Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Four Days Left ...


Today is Wednesday ... and I start my new job on Monday.  Ever since I got the news that I had a starting date, I've looked at these last unemployed days as "vacation time" ... and I have four days left.  After all, even though I'll start earning leave from day one, it's not like I'll have freedom to just take off on a whim.  I'm going in to this expecting to work every weekday for the foreseeable future.

The only frustrating thing about this situation is the money thing.  Six weeks ago, I made all sorts of plans in my head.  By now I'd expected to have anywhere from several hundred to several thousand banked.  I was planning on spending my time off clearing out the basement ... but there wasn't cash to rent a dumpster.  I was planning on fixing the foyer wall and painting it a lovely new color ... but there wasn't cash for paint.

Despite how it sounds, I'm not complaining.  It's all good.  I'm blessed and I'm fortunate and I'm thankful.  I have a full gas tank, food in the fridge, and a warm roof over my head.  I planned for the worst and it's a good thing I did.  Everything will come in ... it's just a matter of being patient.  I've joked that I will end up getting a paycheck from my new job before I see any severance payments or unemployment.  That might have been an exaggeration ... but there's a good chance I will be working before everything is where it should be.

I'm not sure what all I would've done had everything gone the way I'd originally planned.  Along with the dumpster and paint, I'm sure I would have a new outfit for next week ... or two ... or three.  I definitely would've picked up a couple new pairs of shoes.  Who knows?  So a couple of projects didn't get done?  I'll have something to do on the weekends this fall!  Everything happens for a reason ... and I'm focusing on the positive. 

I'm feelin' good
From my head to my shoes
Know where I'm goin'
And I know what to do
I tied it up my point of view
I got a new attitude!

Patti LaBelle - New Attitude

No comments:

Post a Comment