Sunday, October 13, 2013

I Picked It Because It's Short ... Like Me ...


Well, it's official ... it's fall!  It's not because of football ... or the cool weather.  Nope, it was a trip to a pumpkin patch.

A few days ago, IdiotsAnonymous invited me to join her and her sister, MiniatureMoose, on a trip to Bomke's Pumpkin Patch.  I don't know that I've ever been to a pumpkin patch before today.  I don't think I have ... otherwise I wouldn't have been so shocked at how busy it was.

Dozens upon dozens of families were there ... picking out pumpkins with their kids and walking through the corn maze.  It was such a nice day!  My medicine makes me a little sun sensitive ... so I got slightly overheated.  But after taking a short break on a picnic table in the shade ... and a chilled bottle of apple cider ... I was fine as wine.

You have to realize ... I'm an indoor kinda girl.  My idea of the great outdoors is sitting on Stoney's deck with a glass of peach lemonade in my hand and watching him grill out.  Being outside ... and I mean really outside is relatively rare.  And I was pleasantly surprised to find it was absolutely beautiful out there.

We walked quite a ways into the field ... picking out some smaller pumpkins for pies ... then looking for larger ones to make into jack o' lanterns.  I wasn't going to carve one today ... in fact, I didn't have plans to buy any at all ... but I found a perfect, tiny pumpkin that needed a home.  He could make a nice pie ... we'll see.  It depends on how much free time I have in the next couple weeks.

The girls paid for their pumpkins, I picked up a couple bags of kettle corn, and we headed back to town.  It's been a really nice day.   Thank you guys for inviting me along, for the company, the movie, and for the delicious dinner!   Even if the calendar said the equinox was back in September?  Today was the start of fall ...

I can see you
Your brown skin shinin' in the sun
You got that hair slicked back
And those Wayfarers on, baby
I can tell you my love for you will still be strong
After the boys of summer have gone

Don Henley - Boys of Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment