Tuesday, October 01, 2013

What To Do Now?


So, I am having a really hard time with this unemployment thing.  I am trying to be productive.  Today I balanced my account ... paid all the bills up to date.  In fact, I even paid a few early.  But nothing seems to help.

I think part of the problem is that I haven't gotten word on when my second interview will be.  I'm guessing they'll still have me come in ... I don't think I've done anything in the last 48 hours to change their plans.  But I wrote the HR rep back on Sunday night ... and it's now Tuesday night and I haven't heard a thing.  That's got me down.

The other problem is that I haven't heard anything from unemployment.  Everything is paid up.  I'm not in any kind of financial straits.  But I was thinking if I got my debit card from them today, I'd go ahead and pay off a couple small bills.  But no ... nothing.

It's just so hard ... sitting here without a job to go to.  It's so discouraging.  The cherry on my crap sundae is that I was thinking of getting up early tomorrow and going to a morning movie.  Just something to get me out of the house.  But those early movies?  Only on the weekends.  Earliest movies on weekdays are 12:30 or 1 o'clock.  So much for that idea ...

I don't know what tomorrow holds ... maybe I'll start working on that wall in the foyer ... or cleaning out the basement.   I don't know ... something ...

Sittin' in the morning sun
I'll be sittin' when the evening comes
Watching the ships roll in
Then I watch them roll away again, yeah

Otis Redding -
Sittin' On the Dock of the Bay

No comments:

Post a Comment