Friday, November 01, 2013

First World Problems Indeed ...


When I got my iPhone months ago, I signed up for 300 mg of data a month.  My best friend tried to get me to select a bigger plan.  She told me 300 mg wasn't nearly enough.  I scoffed ... I wasn't going to use that much data.

Yes, I'm online constantly ... but I had a plan.  I already had wifi at home ... wifi at work ... wifi at Stoney's and Mom's and at my best friends.  The only place I was going to need to pull data was on the road ... and I'd just be careful and manage my usage.

It was a great strategy.  And it worked ... for awhile.

Then I started my new job.   A new job in an office which has no wifi access.   Up until yesterday, I'd gone months without ever coming close to my limit.  But now ... in only four days, I managed to hit my data limit ... and go over it. 

So I went online to AT&T last night and adjusted my plan.  I bumped myself up to 3 gig.  Which isn't enough to stream Downton Abbey ... but it should be enough to allow me to visit Facebook during lunches and breaks.

One week down!  I was able to work on my own today.  I put my earbuds in and listened to DBT while I worked on cleaning out the queue.  My first partial paycheck was deposited into my checking account ... and I ended the week feeling pretty good about everything. 

Now I just need a hot shower and my pj's ... and a good night's sleep so I'll be bright eyed and bushy tailed for making cookies tomorrow.  I'm a happy ThirtyWhat ...

So put me on a highway
And show me a sign
And take it to the limit
One more time

Eagles - Take It to The Limit

No comments:

Post a Comment