Saturday, November 30, 2013

Insanity Is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over ...


I have this terrible habit ... I buy the same products over and over ... despite the fact that I hate them.

Let's take Mio for example.  I don't know how many bottles of that toxic shit I've bought ... but I bought another today.  For some reason, every three or four months, I see them being sold somewhere and they'll have a new flavor and I'll think, "It couldn't have been as bad as I remembered!"

Well guess what ... it is as bad as I remember.  It's always as bad as I remember.  I've know I've tried Cherry/Watermelon and Lemonade and Pink Lemonade and Grape ... and today I saw Black Cherry and thought, "Damn ... I love black cherry!  I bet this one would taste really good if the water was super cold."

No ... no it doesn't.  It doesn't taste any better than any of the other ten flavors I've tried.

And it's not just Mio.  There are dozens of these odd products that I keep buying.  Every couple of years I buy a McRib because I think ... "Those are good right?  I can't remember ... I think they're really good!"  No they aren't!  They never are!   They are heinous.  And Diet Coke!  Every once in awhile I'll get hair up my ass about losing weight and I'll buy Diet Coke only to remember that it tastes like someone bottled a chemical spill.

What is wrong with me?  Do I think my taste buds are going to change?  Do I think companies are going to change their recipes?   I don't know ... but I wish I had the money back that I spent on all these tiny bottles of Mio I have sitting in my fridge. 

I could take that all that money and go to McDonald's ... because the McRib is back ... and I bet it would taste really good this time!

You may be right
I may be crazy
But it just may be a lunatic you're looking for
Turn out the light
Don't try to save me
You may be wrong for all I know
But you may be right

Billy Joel - You May Be Right

No comments:

Post a Comment