Sunday, December 01, 2013

Sunday's Child Is Full Of Gummies ...


Isn't Sunday odd?  It's as if Sunday has some kind of multiple personality disorder.  One personality is happy and laid back ... completely relaxed.  The other personality is melancholy and a little bit sad ... because Sunday knows the sad truth.  It's the end of the weekend.

No matter how wonderful your Sunday is ... no matter what you do ... or don't do ... when you shut your eyes to go to sleep, the last thing you wonder is, "Did I remember to set the alarm?"

I had a perfectly fine Sunday.  I worked on the laundry.  I straightened up the kitchen and the bedroom and the upstairs bathroom ... the only rooms I use if we're being honest.   I wrapped a few presents.  I worked on finishing up the Christmas cards ... a task which is a royal pain in the ass .. but one of my favorite things to do this time of year.   I even took a nap.  I did a lot ... considering the day.

Several years ago I noticed a trend.  All the good shows come on Sunday now.  Mad Men ... Game of Thrones ... True Blood ... Walking Dead.   All the "must see" television is on Sunday night.  I used to hate that with a passion.  Why in the world put all this great stuff on the worst night of the week?

I've changed my mind ... it's actually a brilliant idea.  Some marketing genius has found a way for me to be happy about Sunday night.  They've actually found a way to get me to look forward to Sunday night.

So ... I'm gonna post this ... take a hot, hot shower ... finish the last couple cards ... and break out the gummy bears.  Nothing goes better with zombies than gummy bears.   Hey ... if the zombies get to bite off a few arms and legs, why can't I??

Happy Sunday, everyone ...

That may be all I need
In darkness she is all I see
Come and rest your bones with me
Driving slow on Sunday morning
And I never want to leave

Maroon 5 - Sunday Morning

No comments:

Post a Comment