Friday, December 20, 2013

Four More Days ...


Today, for the first time, I actually thought, "I like my job." 

It was a fleeting thought ... it didn't last long.  But for one brief moment I sat at my desk and thought, "I could be good at this."

Then the moment passed ... and I spent the last 30 minutes of the day overwhelmed and stressed.

But for that brief, shining moment?  It felt pretty good.

It's four days until Christmas.  I have all the groceries I'll need to make it through this weekend's winter storm.  I'm in my comfy jammies ... watching one of my favorite old movies. 

I'm just waiting for Santa ...

My mother will start to worry
Beautiful, what's your hurry?
And father will be pacing the floor
Listen to the fireplace roar
So really I'd better scurry
Beautiful please don't hurry
Well maybe just a half a drink more
Put some records on while I pour

Dean Martin -
Baby It's Cold Outside

No comments:

Post a Comment