Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Here ... Have Some Purell ...


I work ... in a goddamned germ farm.

The top floor of my office building is divided into thirds ... with people working in cubes in the two "outer" thirds and the middle third being taken up by elevators, stairs, meeting rooms and a kitchenette.   I sit almost squarely in the middle ... right across from the wide opening by the stairs and bathroom.  So I hear almost everything that happens on my floor.

What's happening on my floor?

Coughing ... and sneezing ... and sniffling ... and snorking.   Noses being blown ... throats cleared ... and scratchy voices.   Seriously ... I have now decided that I don't go to an office everyday to prepare legal documents ... I am participating in a CDC experiment.

I know that part of this is because I use to sit in my own office ... let's take a moment to sit and sob together over the fact that I used to have my own office ... and now I'm in the middle of a floor where I can hear every little thing.  Part of, I'm sure, is also just because it's that time of year.  But Jesus Christo ...

It's like when people get around kids or doctor's offices and they start getting sick with everything.  I already have two bottles of Purell on my desk.  I might need a third!

My honey, my baby
Don't put my love upon no shelf
She said, "Don't hand me no lines
And keep your hands to yourself"

The Georgia Satellites -
Keep Your Hands To Yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment