Sunday, December 15, 2013

One Year Later ...


One year ago on December 15th, my life took a turn for the so much better ... I went on my first date with Stoney. 

We'd done a couple other things together just the two of us.  We went to see Springsteen at Wrigley Field and went to a wedding ... but only as friends.  One year ago ... after waiting for my divorce to be finalized ... then waiting while I fought off a nasty bug ... then waiting while he fought off the same nasty bug ... he invited me to his house to watch a movie and have pizza.

It was a pretty wonderful date ... and it's been a pretty wonderful year.  We've spent a lot of time talking and getting to know each other ... we've spent a lot of time laughing.   He held me when I cried for K.  He took me to her grave when I couldn't find it ... and took me back on her birthday.  We sweated with our friends working on his deck ... which should've been a chore but was actually a great day.

I can't say this is our first Christmas ... because we all met for dinner on Christmas night last year and we gave each other a giftBut this year our presents are under his tree ... and my stocking is at his house.  So this year is special ... it's a little more involved than me meeting him at a Chinese buffet and giving him the gift of a book.  Hey ... I did put some thought into that book ...

In any case ... a year later ... thank you for inviting me over for dinner and a movie ... and all the dinners and movies since.


In daylights, in sunsets
In midnights, in cups of coffee
In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife
In five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes
How do you measure, a year in the life?

Rent - Seasons of Love

No comments:

Post a Comment