Saturday, December 21, 2013

Saturday Six #506


Saturday Six

How many times per day do you…

1. …check your email? - If it weren't for my iPhone, I would check my e-mail at a ridiculous rate.  But, since I have my two e-mail accounts set upon my phone ... and my phone set up to to fetch new messages and notify me every fifteen minutes or so?  I can act nonchalant while relying on my phone to be obsessive compulsive for me.  Have I mentioned lately how much I love technology?

2. …send an email? - It varies.  Weekends I don't send much, if any, e-mail.  During the week, Stoney and I e-mail each other from work ... depending on how busy we are.  There are days we might send a dozen ... there are days we're too busy to say hello.  There's no rhyme or reason or pattern ... it's just one of those things.

3. …post a tweet or status update on social media? - How often do I tweet or post a status update?  Almost never.  I mainly used my Twitter account when I was pissed and needed to vent.  I'm hardly ever on it these days.  I rarely post on FB ... I don't know why.  I just ... don't.   But ... how often do check FB?  A lot ... so much so that it's embarrassing.  I'm constantly checking it ... liking posts or commenting.  I don't know why I stopped updating.  I used to constantly check into places but ... Mom and I had a falling out awhile back and after that, FB just kinda stopped being fun.

4. …make a telephone call? - Once a day.  I call my Mom to check in after work ... because if I don't she thinks something horrible has happened to me.  Aside from that?  I don't use my phone for making calls.  I have something like ten thousand roll over minutes ...

5. …visit a website to check the news? - Not so much these days.  I used to read Gawker and Jezebel and occasionally other news sites as well.   Now I have almost no free time at work anymore ... so I don't check the news.  And once I'm home?  I'm too tired to care.  Seriously, unless it's on FB or someone comes up to me and says, "Hey, ThirtyWhat, did you hear about recent alien landing?"  I'm in the dark.

6. …drive a car? - I drive so much more than I used to.  First, I used to have a four or five minute drive to work ... now it's about fifteen to twenty.  Next, I have a boyfriend now ... and he happens to live on the opposite side of town so ... if I'm not driving to work or driving home ... I'm driving to his house.   Finally, I've taken to driving at lunch.  Just ... driving ... aimlessly ... with no place to go.  I don't have anyone to go to lunch with ... and my stomach's been bothering me the last couple weeks so it's hard to eat.  So ... I drive.  You'd be surprised how far you can drive with an hour to kill ...

You can't go on
Thinking nothing's wrong
Who's gonna drive you home
Tonight

The Cars - Drive

No comments:

Post a Comment