Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Adjusting and Adapting ...


Today ... January 28th ... it hit me while sitting at my desk ... I like my job.

It's not hard ... there are just a lot of pieces and steps.  One you're doing it ... processing orders and retrieving documents ... it's a terribly simple job.  But the learning curve is a bitch.  I'm to the point I might ask one question a day ... someone will request an obscure document from a state we rarely use or the client may ask what a certain result means.  But the scale has tipped ... and I enjoy doing the work.

I don't enjoy everything.  Lunch, for instance, is still a thorn in my side.  I have an hour to kill ... I'm sick to death of the food options in the area ... it's too cold to sit in my car.  Lunch is probably my least favorite thing about my job; although, the hours are a very close second.

At my old job, I got off at four o'clock ... something I can't even imagine at the moment.  It was early enough that Stoney and I used to meet for a movie or go to dinner.  We had week night dates all the time.  Now, not only is he off work almost two hours before me, it's also pitch black when I leave the office.  That part is a bummer ... I can't lie.

But ... at the very least, I have come to the conclusion ... I do like my job.  It only took three months to get here.  It does make you wonder what I'll say about it three months from now ...

You better lose yourself
In the music, the moment
You own it, you better never let it go
You only get one shot
Do not miss your chance to blow
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime

Eminem - Lose Yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment